Friday, 24 April 2009

Peekaboo's pole dancing game, my dream game (and dream job!)

OK, hmmm, not really sure what I think of this...

In case you didnt know, I love pole dancing (for fitness only, after doing gymnastics for 10 years, I got addicted easy). And I also love the Wii. So when i first heard about this, I was so excited! I spent nearly a whole work day trying to find out how I could get on the dev team. How awesome would that be!? Think it may even get close to qualifying for my dream job.

Anyway, I was talking about it with my co-girl-programmer-also-pole-dancer-worker, and we just couldnt see how on earth this game could be done (done well that is). We thought of things like maybe having wrist and ankle bands so the game can tell where the feet and hands are. And we were thinking that the pole could of course send info back on where pressure was etc. But would that be enough to really be able to tell if the user is "doing it right"?

Im imagining it would be similar to the All Star Cheerleaders game. Which, of course, I have. :) But, sadly, is c**p. Dont get me started on how sad this makes me, could have been such an awesome game! But alas...

Anyway, back to peekaboo's attempt. There is already a lot of negativity out there about this idea. And fair enough too, I gotta admit. But because of this, and because I sooo want pole dancing to drop its slutty reputation, I would absolutely love love love this game to work!

For that to happen, I reckon it would have to at least cover the following;
1. An accurate way to tell where every body part is, specifically feet, hands, hips
2. A strong pole that can be easily set up and taken down, and hidden!
3. Good game play, eg. decent routines, great music, variety of skills.

So, here's hoping! And, Peekaboo, if I can lend a hand in any way, Im sure I will find the time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment