Friday, 24 April 2009

The First

Wow! My first ever post on my first ever blog! I cant help but wonder where this will lead... an invitation from a top glossy magazine (ahem, Glamour?? you there??) to do a weekly (or maybe monthly, Im fairly lazy really) column, a la Carrie from SATC?? Or maybe invitations from big IT companies around the world to come to their wonderful city and do a short speech on being a girl programmer? Or, in all likelyness, me getting bored very quick and running out of ideas, and this all fading away. hmmm...

Anyway, I guess I should introduce myself, briefly, I know this can be boring to read. Since I like lists so much, I will do this in list form:
1. Im 24 years old.
2. Im a girl
3. I have a diploma in beauty therapy
4. I have a science degree in computer science
5. I have a slight obsession with getting my hair to curl, cupcakes and pole dancing

I think thats it. So, next important topic... What is this blog gonna be about? Well... I dont really know. I was taking a nap the other day, and while I was in that state of half asleepiness (?word), I came up with HEAPS of things to write about, but now I cant think of any of them, and Im not even sure if any of them made any sense. But I guess mainly, it will be about things that are both girly and kinda geeky. And maybe annoyances or triumphs that come with being a girl programmer.

Im sure there must be more of us ( girly programmers) out there than we realise. I hope so anyway! So feel free to drop any comments to say hi, or suggestions of things to write about.

In the meantime, I will leave you with some things that may (or may not) come up in future posts:
- Where are all the girly laptop bags!?!?
- j2me programming, and why I really want to get into this!
- Is it possible to get into games programming even if you dont like the games?

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment